Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

SKnutty-03

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I'm trying to figure out everything I need to get for my setup and I'm wondering if I can wire my mono sub amp to my normal speaker amp or if I have to hook it into the head unit itself and if my setup would even work. Thank you in advance.
1999 GMC Yukon 4-door
Parts -
Alpine R-A90S - 6 Channel - 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
Kicker 46CXA800.1T - Mono Amp - 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
Kicker 44TCWC102 x2 - Subs - 300 watts RMS at 2 ohm
Kicker 46KST2004 - Tweeters - 65 RMS at 2 ohms
RetroSound S-412 - Headliners - 2-25 RMS at 4 ohms
Kicker 43DSC6704 x2 - Doors - 60 RMS at 4 ohms

I'm wondering if I can wire my mono sub amp to my normal speaker amp
You can splice it with the Alpine using a 2 Y-splitter RCA patch cables.
Screenshot_20220208-172206.png

Maybe one with longer "tails".

what exactly would I connect to what with those? ie. mono to the car amp to radio
First question is, do you have an aftermarket radio or OEM? If aftermarket, does it have a subwoofer output. If it has SW output, I would run a dedicated RCA cable from it to the mono amp.
If you do not want to run RCA cables, then the RCA cables that go into the front channels will connect into that splitter. The splitter goes to both amp's front RCA inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...