Amps: Quart vs Diamond vs JL

FoxPro5
5,000+ posts

Causal wanderer
Hi kids. Got a line on 3 amps to run my Quart components, they are...

Diamond Audio D5600.2 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm (11-14.4V)

MB Quart raa2400 200 x 2 @ 4 ohm (14.4V)

JL Audio 300/2 150 x 2 @ 1.5-4 ohm (11-14.4V)

Want nice clean reliable power. Needs to run cool under seats. Not a big fan of JL b/c everyone else is and I have never used their products.

Diamond is new to me, but I've heard nothing but good things.

MB Quart (now owned by car audio giant Rockford Fosgate) looks pretty impressive. Amps have built in indicator lights that flash when the signal starts to clip. Kind of cool to a knob like me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif Plus I *think* the Quart to Quart match up would be slick.

Looking for qualified advice, not just "JL's awesome cuz my cousin's W7 rattles my windows from 6 blocks away" stuff.

Merci beaucoup!

Hi kids. Got a line on 3 amps to run my Quart components, they are...
Diamond Audio D5600.2 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm (11-14.4V)

MB Quart raa2400 200 x 2 @ 4 ohm (14.4V)

JL Audio 300/2 150 x 2 @ 1.5-4 ohm (11-14.4V)

Want nice clean reliable power. Needs to run cool under seats. Not a big fan of JL b/c everyone else is and I have never used their products.

Diamond is new to me, but I've heard nothing but good things.

MB Quart (now owned by car audio giant Rockford Fosgate) looks pretty impressive. Amps have built in indicator lights that flash when the signal starts to clip. Kind of cool to a knob like me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif Plus I *think* the Quart to Quart match up would be slick.

Looking for qualified advice, not just "JL's awesome cuz my cousin's W7 rattles my windows from 6 blocks away" stuff.

Merci beaucoup!
what model are your components?

i had the exact same ones...i was running a mrv t320...which was giving them 110(or 130 i cant remember)watts each and they sounded very good.
Had my Eclipse on them until I moved it to my sub. They got 130 RMS and ate it up. Very transparent. Love the bulb on the crossovers that lights up when you know you are pushing them too hard. Wish Eclipse made a two channel that was in the mid range for power that would work with my system goals.

he forgot to mention that the d5600 will be almost half the price of the other 2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

independent of price I'd go with just the order you listed them. 1) diamond 2) quart 3)JL

I just wont buy an amp that doesn't put out any additional power into lower impedence loads period (which puts the JL at the bottom of my list). negates good watts per dollar IMO.

im leaning more towards a memphis 16-mc300 or something aalong the lines of a memphis class a/b amps, they are sexy and quality in build.....though of those choices i have to go with the diamond audio....same quaity as the others, smaller price tag

Thanks for the info. I bought the Quart and installed it today. It's pretty solid. Played it for 45 minutes straight and it did start to get pretty warm. I cranked it hard at 1/2 gain and couldn't get the clip lights to fire up at all though. Not sure what this means?

Sounds good, but it definately didn't blow me away or anyting. Have 200 watts x 2 makes my Quart comps really sing, though...loud and clear. I have 30 days on Crutchfield time for it to settle in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There has been some discussion on this board and others that there is a "pop, click, pop" problem with the Reference series Quart amps. Well, I can tell you that there is, indeed a slight "pop" sound when the HU turns on followed by a "click" when the HU tells the amp to turn on and then a "pop" again when you shut off the HU. I cannot say that this is true for ALL the new Quart amps, but it is definately true for my raa 2400.

In my opinion, the excellent quality and sound produced by the amp far outweighs this issue. There are a lot of Rockford haters out there that don't want to give the Quart amps credit b/c of what Rockford did to the company. I do not care about this - all I care about is that my music sounds good!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif And for a $200 investment and one month free to play with the thing, I can't ask for anything more.

BTW, I have some Crutch $20 off refer a friend coupons if anyone is interested. Just PM me;)

i have used both diamond and JL amps. i actually own both the JL slash series and the D5's and D6's. i also own the zapco reference series. out of those three with the zapcos falling into that price range of the other two, i would go with the zapcos any day.

i have used both diamond and JL amps. i actually own both the JL slash series and the D5's and D6's. i also own the zapco reference series. out of those three with the zapcos falling into that price range of the other two, i would go with the zapcos any day.
Zapco //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.