Amp Clip

22loweryak

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey looking for some help. I amp running a 130amp alternator, with Skar Audio 0/1 Gauge kit to a Agm Power cell with a Taramps 5k to 2 Vxf 12's (1200RMS-3000PEAK) but if I barely even turn it up to where I can feel the bass the amp wants to clip needing suggestions on what my issue could be

Hey looking for some help. I amp running a 130amp alternator, with Skar Audio 0/1 Gauge kit to a Agm Power cell with a Taramps 5k to 2 Vxf 12's (1200RMS-3000PEAK) but if I barely even turn it up to where I can feel the bass the amp wants to clip needing suggestions on what my issue could be
What's the voltage at the amp?

Do this to set your gain

Just know that your head unit's rated preout voltage, might be below your max volume. So if you max out the volume to set your gain you might be clipping just from the head unit. A DD1 can figure that out, you can contact the manufacturer to try to find out, and if it's a Kenwood, the max rated voltage is probably 34 out of 35.

If you can do that video, then you can make it so the amp is not a variable. You can always adjust the head unit volume by one, and keep working it until you figure it right.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...