Amplifier power

Participant count
  • Participant list
Too many variables for us to tell you yes or no either way.

Only thing (and best thing) you can do is hook up the amp and subs and test it, see how your stock electrical system handles it. Once you determine how severe the electrical issues are (if there even are any), we can then help you decide what steps need to be taken to help resolve the [possible] electrical issues.

There really isn't an answer here other than; Try it and see.

You should definitely get a new battery if your current battery is stock. But I would go with an Optima Yellow top battery. I had a red top, my stock alternator, and a 2 farad cap running a Crossfire BMF 1000d Hybrid. Custom Made by Crossfire for Audio Source. It was 1800w at 1ohm. and I never had any problems with power.

That amp is capable of over 150a curent draw max and 55+a current draw continious. Alts usually have 40% reserve. If your crurrent draw from youramp is greater then the alts reserve you will have problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.