Amplifier not working right someone help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigmann6374
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Moon, PA
Okay I just traded away my concept 3910 and the reason for it is that I didn't have the electrical to support this amp. It would work fine when I turned it to volume 15 which is roughly 60% for me. But when I turned to 16 it would cut off and on and not stay constant. But when I turned back to 15 it would play the test tone for 2 minutes straight no breaks then start doing it. Is there something wrong with the amp or is it primarily the electrical to blame because he got it with not much better if better electrical than me and its doing it to him.

It takes electricity to make electricity.....more batteries, bigger/more wire, bigger alternator...all these things are to be considered when running more than 1000 watts in my opinion.

It takes electricity to make electricity.....more batteries, bigger/more wire, bigger alternator...all these things are to be considered when running more than 1000 watts in my opinion.
Maybe I should have explained what i had first I'm not running stock electrical I have almost 80 ft of ofc 1/0 and 3 C&D 100 AH batteries plus a starting battery with dual inputs on amp. I do have a stock alt. The guy said that when getting it and hooking it up it cut out on him too but why would an amp work to a certain point then just automatically start protecting. He said his voltage was over 14 and it was protecting. What could cause this? Sorry for not filling in the whole story.

Maybe impedance to low also check voltage at the amp if both are fine then you may want to get the amp checked out
When I had it, it was at 2 ohms which is the lowest stable ohm load you can run on this amp. My voltage was dipping into low 12s high 11s when I had it thats why I traded it away and now hes having same issue and saying his voltage is fine. I don't know if theres something wrong with the amp what could cause this? A burnt fet? I just don't understand how it can still output around 1.5 to 2k without cutting out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.