My motorcycle stereo system is not as loud as before?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I recently bought a new amp for my motorcycle which the amp previously no longer worked. I am pretty sure I wired it correctly but the sound is no where near as loud as I want it to be. It is a 4 channel amp with just 2 speakers. The gain is down very low when I turn it up it makes a knocking sound and distortion. The only way the speakers work with no distortion is when the gain is very low if not all the way down. The music plays but is pretty dang quiet..Hope someone can help me out! Thanks

I know this is a few months old. But i just started having problems with my pioneer that is mounted on my motorcycle. I have a deh-4400hd that is mounted in a fairing with 2 6x9 speakers. I wired in a headphone jack to connect to my intercom and a cut out switch to shut off the speakers. Now when i ride by myself if i have the speakers on and the vol above 30 the sound cuts out like its skipping. My current headphone jack is the radio shack 274-294 but i'm thinking about removing it and the switch for 274-246 that will shut off the speakers when the headphone jack is connected.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.