Amplifier help

west164

Building my first system and need some help. I have two legacy LWF8X 300W subs and 4 BOSS CH3220 speakers. They are meant for a car obviously but I'm going to put the system in my garage instead. I just don't know what to use for an amplifier, the cheaper the better.

well. since you have "low end" gear in hand, what is your budget? because the amp is going to need power from somewhere, therefore you'll need a power source, im not too sure what it is you can use that plugs into the wall but off the top of my head, you'll need a car battery, cheapest you can get... as for the amp i'd go with a 4 channel amp, two channels for ur coaxials and the other 3 for you're subs... and a cheap headunit...

I have no experience with working with cars or speakers but I'm trying to learn. Correct me if this is an idiotic idea but I was planning on using a 12V AC adapter so I could just plug it in. I do not know anything about the amp or what they go for but I was hoping to spend under $100 for an amp, do you have any you could recommend?

I have no experience with working with cars or speakers but I'm trying to learn. Correct me if this is an idiotic idea but I was planning on using a 12V AC adapter so I could just plug it in. I do not know anything about the amp or what they go for but I was hoping to spend under $100 for an amp, do you have any you could recommend?
well, that COULD work but it wont put out very much current... yes its 12V but not enough to keep up with the draw of the amp... look in your local craigslist, always cheap stuff on there, im sure theres someone selling a stereo and amp for dirt cheap

Would a stereo amplifier work?
yes it can but the crossovers are for the speakers that come with it... they put out a full range signal, now, the stero can work for you signal source... you can use the outputs for the speakers and use a loc and hook ur amp up to the loc...

Thanks for sticking with me. I need something with knobs for the volume, bass, treble for the front of my system. Could I get something like this for the speakers 2 Channel Amp Hi Fi Stereo Amplifier CD MP3 MP4 Motorcycle Car Amp with Adapter | eBay and use a loc to combine it with another amp for the subs? The speakers are 140W each and the stereo amp on ebay is only 200W so that one might not work. And the subs are 300W each so do I need a 600W amp for the subs?

I've head if people using computer power supplies not quite sure how it works but I know the use 12v
To power the powersupply you just need to ground the power wire, most of my powersupply lead color is green.

atx-power1.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.