Amplifier going into protection mode...every once in a while

Participant count
  • Participant list

Michael B

I have a Concept amplifier 1200 with 2 12 inch MA Audio subwoofers. I have rewired my whole truck and put new RCA wires in. I can turn my truck on and the protection mode with turn off after about 2 or 3 seconds. And sometimes i turn my truck on and it does not come out of protection at all. It has a mind of its own. I dont know what else to do. Its a brand new amp that i just bought. All of the fuses are still good, even of they werent it still comes on and bumps. The bass is set on low so i dont think that is the problem. I dont know if it has something to do with my truck itself cause i can have the bass turned up all the way and sometimes it still goes into protection mode. I took off both speaker wires out of my amplifier and it still goes into protection mode. I will have all of the out of the amplifier accept the positive and ground and radio wire still in and it still goes into protection mode (sometimes)(most of the the time it is in protection)

Im trying to add as much info as possible.

Also i dont know the name of it but I bought a new thing that you put the RCA wires into that go to the amp.

Please help its annoying!!

^^^^This..You may have your power wire grounding out on the terminal if its too close to the ground terminal,or to say a few threads touching/grounding out.Id replace all fuses,and check the ground,.A test real quick that I do,is take the amplifier out and to the car batt,and ground to ground post and use a jumper from the remote to poss connection on the battery,If it goes into protect mode with a new fuse,its the amp,if not,you have a wiring issue.Try that let us know what happens.You can use 12ga speaker wire to test this way..Your only testing it out.I dont use a DMM,and this is how Ive always checked my amps for power up,or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.