Ampere Audio Amps

I don't think they ever had good customer service, notorious for not answering phones and very slow replies to emails. The "good" amps that got them started were the same boards Sundown was using in a gold heatsink. Guess they got burned with a bad "12K" amp and are going to lose their arse.
I heard from EXO that something fishy was going on with those big amps about a year and a half ago but didn't catch the whole story.

Again, if Sundown got a bad batch of boards they could use their buying quantities to bully the buildhouse into making it right and they have enough cash flow to eat a dud product worst case scenario. The "value" brands have neither and you get Diablo 2500 or RD 3250v2 fiascos that put them out of business and leave consumers holding the bag.
Oh that's right...EXO is running a bunch of those monster amps in his latest build. I'll have to go back and watch his youtube vids see if he mentions something about them.

Those vital 7k's were looking appealing at their current price. $880. Almost talked myself into one, but my Team DC application was confirmed as approved. Soooo I'm ordering a 9.0k tomorrow.

Those vital 7k's were looking appealing at their current price. $880. Almost talked myself into one, but my Team DC application was confirmed as approved. Soooo I'm ordering a 9.0k tomorrow.
Dude at $880 that’s a no fvcking brainer. They are my favorite amp to date and I’ve owned dc 7.5k,dd z2lv dd m4a, crossfire 8k, ampere Tfhe 9.0.... the only amp I’d take over a vital power right now is a sundown NS2

The 9k will do you justice. My team started running them in 2010. They always did us well. Ive never been a dc fan, but my team never had issues outta 9k at all.

Oh that's right...EXO is running a bunch of those monster amps in his latest build. I'll have to go back and watch his youtube vids see if he mentions something about them.
He doesn't bad-mouth anybody particularly on his videos. I heard it in person at a show. But read between the lines. He used to promote them hard and he has got rid of the Nendo amps in his car and you don't see anything about his SUV that had been "waiting" for the 12K's for a couple years now. I don't really follow his channel but I used to see him locally when he lived in the area and I'm very confident he'd have showed up with a few of them installed in something if they ever made good.

At 880 that company cannot be making a profit. The price will be much higher a year from now and/or they will be out of business. At that price point it's a big gamble IMO. It's not like they can afford to give away repairs for warranty claims.

This thread makes it seem like everyone should own a vital 7k
Hard to pass up at the price point if you need that size amp.

At 880 that company cannot be making a profit. The price will be much higher a year from now and/or they will be out of business. At that price point it's a big gamble IMO. It's not like they can afford to give away repairs for warranty claims.
Talked to the owner via FB last night. Price will be going back up to the normal price of $1199 soon (within a week or so?). The amp's are indeed built by S&I.

I'd be surprised if $880 isn't his cost on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.