amped speakers, weired situation

413audio
10+ year member

ok so i just amped my speakers, and my front left one works fine and so does my back right one, however my back left one has no sound and my front right one has very little sound. brand new alpine f250 4 channel amp, shitty sony speakers, but all the speakers worked fine before i amped them. could it be i have two bad channels on my amp? i'm almost positive i didn't wire them wrong from the harness, but ill double check them again tomorrow, i'm so confused. help anyone?

RCA... cables or outputs on the amp? my RCA cables are a lil cheap but they should be in fine working condition. ... update, i was just working on it, i redid all my wiring behind the HU and they are ALL PROPER, so we can exclude that. Also, i have channels 3and4 working, which happen to be my front speakers:). but as for the rear speakers (channel 1and2 on the amp) i have no idea. audiogods help me please.

pretty much the most basic way possible... i cut the speaker wires from the HU that went to the harness and from the ones from my harness directly to my amp. i've tried switching the wires, ya know channels 1 and 2 on the amp around with the speaker wires, but there is nothing is coming from both channels. it saved me the trouble of fishing the wires through the door hinge things etc.

hmm...I don't know if I am reading right...so you connected the speaker wires coming from the wiring harness on the cd player to the stock speaker wires that go to the sony speakers? or did you run rcas from the cd player to the amp and then speaker wire from the amp to the speakers?

ok, its hard to explain haha, but i will try to be more descriptive this time...ok i originally had my pioneer HU running my speakers, i then cut all 8 speaker wires from the back of my HU (pos, neg, front right, etc.) that go into my original factory harness. then the wires from my factory harness i connected with runs of 16 gauge speaker wire to my amp, since those wires on the factory harness went directly to the speakers, i could do it that way. then i hooked up my rca cables and ran them to my amp.

I once wanted to "see what would happen" and touched the ground with the power on my amp. It blew 2 of the channels and scared the hell out of me. I also recently bought a 1600 watt brutus that was not working out of the box. If you can take the amp back do it, or check it in another car or something.

ok, its hard to explain haha, but i will try to be more descriptive this time...ok i originally had my pioneer HU running my speakers, i then cut all 8 speaker wires from the back of my HU (pos, neg, front right, etc.) that go into my original factory harness. then the wires from my factory harness i connected with runs of 16 gauge speaker wire to my amp, since those wires on the factory harness went directly to the speakers, i could do it that way. then i hooked up my rca cables and ran them to my amp.
Ok. I thought maybe you had some how connected your amp to the outputs on your H/U. What kind of amp do you have?

i have an alpine MRP F250... i'm starting to think, and hoping, it might just be bad RCA's, they have been lying around for a while... it could be, but i seriously doubt its bad channels on the amp... i mean its a NEW ALPINE! i'm going to switch my RCA's from the sub, which are great, send them from my RCA output on my HU to the speaker amp and hopefully that will tell me whether or not its the rca's... thanks for the replies.. will let you know how it turns out tomorrow if anyone cares;)

Yea h I just checked out the manual and there doesn't seem to be an 4/3/2 channel selection switch like on some other amps which I thought might have been your problem....Anyways Try Checking your hp/lp crossover settings and gains... if your going to run a comp set off that amp you will want to match the gains with a dmm so you get equal left and right stereo. OR I would adjust the balance so you can hear if a particular speaker is cutting in and out then wiggle the rca's in different spots and see what happens.

ugh man, i just swapped the RCA's around like i said i was going to... and nothing much better happened, i got a little sound out of the right rear deck speaker, but not nearly the volume level the front ones are playing at, and the rear left was just nothing. this leaves me to believe its the amp:verymad:

-it is not...

My RCA's, they are fine.

My wiring, ive triple and quadripple checked them.

My grounds, they are as solid as can be, both power wire and ground are in 8gauge.

My speakers, they were working perfectly fine before i tried this.

-So, if anyone else has any suggestions before i take this to someplace where they can tell me if my amps bad or whatever it might be... that would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.