Amp wont turn off?

-01limited-
10+ year member

Where are my 72 virgins?
So just went out to my jeep for a smoke break and noticed my amp was on when I hopped in. Mind you the car is off and nothing is powered on. I pulled the remote wire off and it still stayed on, so I just went under the hood and removed the fuse. The amp is a kenwood 9104d, anyone ever had this problem and what can I start to look at as the culprit? Thanks in advance for your help.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I guess in the daylight tomorrow I can see if there is any of the power wire touching the rem. terminal at all, they are right beside each other. But thats about my only guess. The amp has been hooked up this way and not touched for about 8 months now with no problems.

its called cross modulation. its either in your amp since it happens when you removed the rem wire, or there is a small piece of the power wire touching the rem terminal. had it happen when i put my ap and mb amps in my car in july, fixed it in about 30 sec.

Yeah mine is still staying on with no remote wire. I still havent went outside to check, theres lots of snow and its collllld haha. But what if its not the power wire touching. How did you go about fixing it?

open up the amp and check things out, around the power and ground terminals to make sure nothing is shorting there
and make sure that the amp is unhooked when you open it up.
I can do that. I havent really messed around in an amp, but those should be some pretty easy things to spot. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

So went outside and popped all the rest of my wires off and brought the amp inside.

When unhooking the wires the it goes power-ground-rem. So theres no way the power was all the way over on the remote. I looked as close as I could and none of the wires appeared to be crossing.

1204001346.jpg

So I opened it up. At the top of the picture is where the power and everything goes in. It starts with the first brass looking prong and goes power, ground, remote, and then the 4 speaker outputs. Everything looks fine, theres no blackening around any of them or any sign of shorting. I'm hoping that this was just a bug and it goes away, but I highly doubt it will. I hate how it did this just out of nowhere last night.

what are you wanting to put the switch on, if the rem wire being out doesnt do anything then a switch on the rem wire is pointless,

and puttin a switch on on a power wire can be a bad idea unless you use a breaker to do it.

what are you wanting to put the switch on, if the rem wire being out doesnt do anything then a switch on the rem wire is pointless,
and puttin a switch on on a power wire can be a bad idea unless you use a breaker to do it.
I was talking about the power wire, because yes the remote didnt do shiz for it. I'm getting a knu amp kit here in a week or so and I'm going to run all my wires again and hook the amp back up and see what it does.

If it still wont turn off with the remote wire, how would I go about installing this breaker inline?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.