Amp wont power on unless headunit is at volume 20

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shawnad6514

CarAudio.com Newbie
Why does my job audio 500 watt amp only power on when my stereo is turned up to volume 20... all my wiring is rite and it worked just fine with a kenwood single din but my pio,ee= double din DVD deck has to be at volume 20 for amp to get powered on... does my decks 2volt pre amp output have anything to do with this?

I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas though
The thing is that you are describing a "signal sense" feature, that is only used when installing an LOC to an OEM radio. It is to avoid hunting for a keyed fuse to run the remote turn on. You have an aftermarket radio, so that means you do not have an LOC. Now as for the amp, it may have that feature built in. Since it is meant for high power input, it needs high power into it's RCAs for activation. Put low power into them, then it will take a higher volume for amp's RCAs to sense it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...