Amp won’t turn on

JuicyJohnson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Delta
Got a rockville db14 amp a month ago, powered my 10” sub (alpine type r dvc) for a few weeks, but it would shut down at about 85% volume (gain was probably set a tad too high). Usually it would turn back on after a couple minutes, but when this happened again yesterday, it would not turn on again. Today i took out the multimeter and took voltage measurements from the remote and power, while also making sure the ground was clean and doing its job properly. After disconnecting these wires from the amp, the power measures 12.5v, remote measures 12v and the ground is good. The problem here is when i re-connect the wires to their ports, the remote wire reads 11.5 - 12v, and the power wire reads 1.5v(thus why amp wont turn on). Does this mean the amp is toast? I know there’s definitely 12v flowing through the power wire from the battery, but it’s like the amp won’t accept current or something... both 50amp fuses are good, as well as the fuses under the hood. Any help on this perplexing matter will be appreciated thanks

Would also like to mention the amp is a monoblock rated for 2 - 4 ohms, and that my dvc sub is wired correctly in parallel to operate at 2ohms

how have you connected the constant 12v to the amp?
if you have 12v at the end of the wire but then connect it to the amp, you should still have 12v unless something is blocking your connection to the metal, are you sure you connected it properly?

how have you connected the constant 12v to the amp?
if you have 12v at the end of the wire but then connect it to the amp, you should still have 12v unless something is blocking your connection to the metal, are you sure you connected it properly?
Yah that’s whats stumping me, i disconnected, tested, re-connected, tested, like 4 times with the same result. I think i’m the only guy on the planet this has happened to lol i think the amp is probly junk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.