Amp wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

cody0707
10+ year member

My amp is a MB Quart onx4.125. I plan on using the rear 2 channels for my subs. My front speakers are Polk Audio db6501 and my rear speakers are Polk Audio MM691. The front speakers use 100w RMS and the rear speakers use 125w RMS. My Amps power ratings are:

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 250 watts x 4 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 500 watts x 2 chan.

Can I take my front channels and run all of my door speakers? Run all of my door speakers in a parallel to give it a 2ohms output?

What would be the best way to do this? I would like to have the rear speakers run off the amp.

If I did this on my head unit would I just send all of the audio to the front speakers? If I run the front 2 channels off of 2ohms can I put 1 subwoofer on each of the rear channels? The subs are 2 JBL JTO804s. The amp from what I understand can only go to 4ohms when bridged and the subs are 4ohm. Not sure if I could run a 8ohm output off the amp. Nothing that I have read says I can.

How should I run these?

Just to make things clear:

Amp: MB Quart onx4.125

Front speakers: Polk Audio db6501 (4ohm speakers)

Rear speakers: Polk Audio MM691 (4ohm speakers)

Subs: 2 JBL GTO804 (4ohm subwoofers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.