Amp/wiring questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Oh, and it has custom door panels so not the ones with the triangular holes, it has a thicker grill so I'm just going to put some aftermarket grills on them. 

Oh, and it has custom door panels so not the ones with the triangular holes, it has a thicker grill so I'm just going to put some aftermarket grills on them. 
right on. a buddy had one back in the day and had the cargo area cut out and welded in a metal drop box to have the enclosure lower for whatever reason LoL the subs were firing up and had a 1" acrylic top baffle, so it wasnt for stealth :D  he also had to reroute the exhaust so it wouldnt char the fiberglass in the enclosure. Wasnt the best idea in the world, but they were Mac Daddy 12"s and it had custom neon inside the lid. It was dope AF

Last edited by a moderator:
right on. a buddy had one back in the day and had the cargo area cut out and welded in a metal drop box to have the enclosure lower for whatever reason LoL the subs were firing up and had a 1" acrylic top baffle, so it wasnt for stealth :D  he also had to reroute the exhaust so it wouldnt char the fiberglass in the enclosure. Wasnt the best idea in the world, but they were Mac Daddy 12"s and it had custom neon inside the lid. It was dope AF
lmao, never seen anything quite like that. anyways, thanks for the advice, didn't know a 8 channel active setup was that hard to setup lol

What's the easiest way to hook up a sub when I can get one? you said get a head unit with active capabilities but while I'm running 2 way I can just run that through the amp correct?

What's the easiest way to hook up a sub when I can get one? you said get a head unit with active capabilities but while I'm running 2 way I can just run that through the amp correct?
Sub out from the HU to the amp by RCAs,and remote wire.Supply and ground and wiring from amp to subs.Piece of Cake ..Set gain/Tune/Settings on HU

lmao, never seen anything quite like that. anyways, thanks for the advice, didn't know a 8 channel active setup was that hard to setup lol
no problem :)

8 channel active isnt really "hard" to set up, it just requires a dsp as no decks on the market today can do that natively which adds a fair amount of cost just in the dsp, let alone the extra channels of amplification

Sub out from the HU to the amp by RCAs,and remote wire.Supply and ground and wiring from amp to subs.Piece of Cake ..Set gain/Tune/Settings on HU
^^ this ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.