Amp wiring assistance.

nubleet

JoMo
I have purchased a kenwood HU with RCA pre-outs for the fronts and rears as well as for sub. I connected the wiring harness to the factory wiring and it tested okay. I also purchased an alpine 4 channel amp for the front and rear (I do not have a sub as of yet.) Does it matter that i still have the factory speaker wires connected to the head unit? I couldn't get any output from it. It was late at night and I threw in the towel for the day after that... If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it!

So you hooked up the speaker wires to the headunit or to the amp? Either way you should have output. What is installed and how do you have it wired?

Head Unit has the factory speaker wire hooked up. Only Rear speakers are hooked up to the factory wire harness. Front is hooked up to the amp that has the RCA's from the head unit hooked up to it. Not getting any output from the amp to the front speakers. Sorry, a little scatter brained this morning:confused:

you might have turn your outputs on, had that problem with my brothers kenwood
OIC. I haven't had this head unit that long. Thanks for the tip! I'll Reply back with results after work. Thanks for all the replies!

after that, use a DMM to verify voltage at the amp terminals for battery and remote. make sure the amp is on first.

did you run new wire from the amp to the front speakers or did you splice into factory wiring somewhere?

after that, use a DMM to verify voltage at the amp terminals for battery and remote. make sure the amp is on first.
did you run new wire from the amp to the front speakers or did you splice into factory wiring somewhere?
I ran new wire. The amp has a light on the top that turns on when the head unit is powered on. I'm almost positive it will be obvious when i go back and look at it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

So after investigating the wiring, turns out that one of my RCA's had a bad head on it. Repaired the head and it sings like a siren. Thanks for all the replies!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.