amp turn on wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

hellohi

Philly
Hey there, I'm installing an aftermarket head unit, Panasonic 2007, into my 2002 Toyota Echo. The head unit's wire harness has an AMP TURN_ON (12V+) wire (blue/white) but the wire harness that mates with the car does not. What should I do/what will happen if I just insulate the tip of the wire?

(Likely unrelated, the wire harness that mates with the car has a DIMMER wire (orange/white) and the head unit's wire harness does not. My plan for now is to insulate the tip of the dimmer wire and leave it.)

Unless you plan on adding an amp later, I would add some more wire to it, coil it up and stash it somewhere so that next time you have it ready. Otherwise, if not, then cap it off and let her be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...
YES.The Remote wire turns the amplifier On/and OFF. If you use a Toggle switch as stated, use one that Lights up so you know if its still ON or...
Well, I found a way to "fix" the popping. Ran a separate remote turn on from an acc fuse to turn on only the amps. Still using the LC7i GTO to...
Thanks for all the advice. Ultimately, I was able to get them to honor the warranty contract. It took a lot of back and forth and I received...
Never said they were. Commentary was more to being able to purchase one or the other or 40% off and take a 90 day warranty... which I would in a...

About this thread

hellohi

hellohi
Philly
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe