Amp too powerful?

It's a MRX-110 Alpine amp, it says that it puts out 1100 watts rms at 2 ohms, but the birth sheet says 1200 rms. I'm going to get two 12'' kicker cvr compvr subs, 400 watt RMS each.

It's a MRX-110 Alpine amp, it says that it puts out 1100 watts rms at 2 ohms, but the birth sheet says 1200 rms. I'm going to get two 12'' kicker cvr compvr subs, 400 watt RMS each.
You should be fine as long as your final load is 2 ohm.

Is your box sealed or ported?

You should set your gains with a meter or better yet oscope if you can. So you can always adjust the amp to whatever power output you want. Although your electrical is going to effect this, that amp ONLY puts out 1200 watts at 14V. If you have a 80A alt and bass hits ull drop voltage which drops wattage.

Don't get Kickers, lol. Sundown E series over those any day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.