Amp suggestion?

DKMRN

Have a 2015 Silverado with stock speakers in dash, front and rear doors (6 total). Looking to add sub or subs (possibly JL Audio Stealthbox w/ 2 10" TW3-D4 speakers at 800W RMS) and like to upgrade factory speakers running a healthy output to each (say 60-70W to each of the six).

My question revolves around what type of amp wold be required to run the aforementioned. Not a car audio guy. Can I power the six at a reasonable output and still leave plenty for the subs with a five channel amp? Any suggestions on amps to consider or configurations would be much appreciated.

Don't get the JL stealthbox. Better subs for your $$ can be had and better options.

I would suggest the PPI 5 ch amp or Massive Audio NX5. I've owned the MA amp. It will do 120x4 into 4 ohms plus 800 watts for the sub ch @ 1 ohm only.

Do you have a budget to work with?

Hello and thanks for the reply. Budget could be as high as $1500 for whole system. Really depends on options. Not knowing much about car audio, I understand that a 5 channel amp will run 4 speakers at great power and still have a great deal left for sub(s). The issue I have is that my truck has 6 speakers total without the sub. Have two small dash speakers and then the two per side in the front and rear crew cab door. I'd like at least a decent amount of power to the dash speaker or tweeters, so I need something to power 6 speakers and the sub. I could simply go with an amp that powers the front six and get a powered sub, which I might. But I need to have something like 100x4 for door speakers and 75x2 for the dash (and that would, I assume, leave nothing as far as sub or subs). Just wondering how much amp I need to run everything, or just worry about powering the door and dash and get powered subs.

Really just need best options (if any) for running six speakers with decent output, one amp, and not paying over a grand for it

Are you willing to give up 2 of those speakers? Because I can tell ya they're not really needed unless you really want to.

The subs going under the rear seat?

But a set of good components for the front put the tweeter in the dash and the mid driver in your door. Then some mid bass drivers for the rear doors. Stealth boxes are easy drop in but better can be had for less. As for an amp, check out the massive audio ex5. Has a built in line driver and the fifth channel is 1 ohm 800 so you could run 2 400 rms shallow subs or even full size 8's depending on how much height you have under the rear bench, firing toward you. D4 ohm subs. Plenty of budget left for door treatment, box and install.

i assumed they were on the topside of the dash console on the near edge on each side about eye level or just below where stock pillars would be on another vehicle. But if that's not the case with that truck then yah you are 100% correct. otherwise there looks like pillar in the door panel where other vehicles have stock mounts.

unless I read it wrong u could do a big 4 channel if u get rid of 2 speakers like was said or keep them but run rear speakers in truck from hu (if hu has high pass xover or u can just put $13 bass blockers on them if u aren't going to comps).. we sold lots (100's) of 4 channel amps powered entire systems and they weren't very strong amps, u can get nice 4 channels amps for under $250 now.. if u wanta put good power to subs (if u are trying to be real loud) u be better off to get a 2nd 2 channel or mono amp for subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.