Amp + Sub install to my Jeep Wrangler

Participant count
  • Participant list

gdotcastro

Hey Car Audio Users -

First time I'm attempting to install my own system to a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited...

I've never done any car-audio installations on my own, so I wanted to make sure what I researched + plan on doing to my Jeep checks out with car audio experts. Figured the best place to ask for advice // feedback is here on the forums. Hoping everyones feedback + advice prevents me from blowing up my Jeep lol.

Been watching Doug (SoundManCA) + Steve (Meade916) & Mark from the Fab Kitchen (Sorry Doug! lol) for over two or three years now, so with a bit of what I've learned from them I plan on applying it to my build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

My goal is to keep a subwoofer build around $500 bucks and buying everything brand new. This $400 budget includes the box, amp, wiring kit, and adapter. I also want to keep my stock 430N Deck, so I found a PAC adapter that hopefully works with my Jeep.

Please feel free to chime in if you noticed anything off. Any advice is highly appreciated as well, I can always return the amp I ordered if anyone feels I should go with something else within my budget ($100?).

Below is a list of what I ordered // plan on ordering + a diagram I created to help me understand what I'm doing (hopefully it's correct!). Everything in green is ordered + red is not ordered. Diagram shows I'm bridging the DVC so it's 2-OHMS for my 2-OHM Amp. Also, not sure If I should just order the 4-Ohm version or order a 2-Ohm version?

_PAC AOEM-CHR3 Adapter (Includes 4 Channel Outputs + Remote Trigger Wire) $38

_Stinger 4 Gauge 4000 Series Car Audio Amplifier Installation Kit $60

_Rockville dB12 2000 Watt/1000w RMS Mono Class D 2 Ohm Amp $100

_Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 DVC 4-Ohm 12" Sub (suggested vented enclosure is 1.79cu) $150

_Q-Power Single 12" Ported Speaker Box (1.8Cu) (QBOMB12VL) $100

Hey Car Audio Users -
First time I'm attempting to install my own system to a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited...

I've never done any car-audio installations on my own, so I wanted to make sure what I researched + plan on doing to my Jeep checks out with car audio experts. Figured the best place to ask for advice // feedback is here on the forums. Hoping everyones feedback + advice prevents me from blowing up my Jeep lol.

Been watching Doug (SoundManCA) + Steve (Meade916) & Mark from the Fab Kitchen (Sorry Doug! lol) for over two or three years now, so with a bit of what I've learned from them I plan on applying it to my build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

My goal is to keep a subwoofer build around $500 bucks and buying everything brand new. This $400 budget includes the box, amp, wiring kit, and adapter. I also want to keep my stock 430N Deck, so I found a PAC adapter that hopefully works with my Jeep.

Please feel free to chime in if you noticed anything off. Any advice is highly appreciated as well, I can always return the amp I ordered if anyone feels I should go with something else within my budget ($100?).

Below is a list of what I ordered // plan on ordering + a diagram I created to help me understand what I'm doing (hopefully it's correct!). Everything in green is ordered + red is not ordered. Diagram shows I'm bridging the DVC so it's 2-OHMS for my 2-OHM Amp. Also, not sure If I should just order the 4-Ohm version or order a 2-Ohm version?

_PAC AOEM-CHR3 Adapter (Includes 4 Channel Outputs + Remote Trigger Wire) $38

_Stinger 4 Gauge 4000 Series Car Audio Amplifier Installation Kit $60

_Rockville dB12 2000 Watt/1000w RMS Mono Class D 2 Ohm Amp $100

_Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 DVC 4-Ohm 12" Sub (suggested vented enclosure is 1.79cu) $150

_Q-Power Single 12" Ported Speaker Box (1.8Cu) (QBOMB12VL) $100
Is yours a 2 door or 4 door Wrangler? I was doing 154s daily on 4000rms in my 2 door all stock class below the glass

As far as systems that should make a nice dailysetup ..at least it’s easy to run wires in a Wrangler ..I wish my Jeep Comanche was as easy
Appreciate it mane!

Just wanted a simple set-up that can cure my audio bug i've had for all these years...

Eventually I'll add a 4-Channel amp to power my component speakers, but that's another project for the future lol.

My Jeep was a 2008 ..I ran active DD components up front and modded the stock Jeep tweeter pods to hold the much larger DD tweeters ..I kept the stock sound bar speakers on radio power for rear fill but that was really too much with it mostly faded to the front ...here is one pic where I ran a 60# 10,000watt Kicker Warhorse in it to a show ..

My Jeep was a 2008 ..I ran active DD components up front and modded the stock Jeep tweeter pods to hold the much larger DD tweeters ..I kept the stock sound bar speakers on radio power for rear fill but that was really too much with it mostly faded to the front ...here is one pic where I ran a 60# 10,000watt Kicker Warhorse in it to a show ..
Insane! I'm surprised your top didn't blow off with all that power bro!

Always wanted to get a crazy system, but I'll continue to live through others lol.

Right now I got 4 Kicker 44KSC6504's which replaced all factory 6.5's then I replaced the factory tweeters with Pioneer TS-T110's.

Have no clue what I was doing at the time (still don't!), so technically I think I have 8 tweeters since the kicker 6.5's are 2-way's...

Figured when I hook up a 4-5 channel amp my system will hit!

Insane! I'm surprised your top didn't blow off with all that power bro!
Always wanted to get a crazy system, but I'll continue to live through others lol.

Right now I got 4 Kicker 44KSC6504's which replaced all factory 6.5's then I replaced the factory tweeters with Pioneer TS-T110's.

Have no clue what I was doing at the time (still don't!), so technically I think I have 8 tweeters since the kicker 6.5's are 2-way's...

Figured when I hook up a 4-5 channel amp my system will hit!
My Wrangler surprised me ..I wasn’t expecting it to be louder than my CRX ..right now I’m just running basic systems ..I do have something in store for my CRX in the near future though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.