Amp Settings Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nickslur

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Hello, I am trying to get a sense of what settings I should have my Amp at. I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 RFD2212 sub in a sealed box with a skar RP-800.1D Amp and it is wired for 2 ohms. The max rms on the sub says 500w but the Amp is good for 600w rms at 2 ohms. I want to get the max out of my sub without blowing it but I dot see a good way of doing that till I hit it too loud and it blows. I also have a LC2i pro audio control module. I need some insight on some settings I should run to get good volume but safe for my woofer. Thanks

I need some insight on some settings I should run to get good volume but safe for my woofer. Thanks
You will need a multi-meter, a set of RCAs that will be sacrificed, and a small blade screwdriver.
First disconnect the amp from the LC2i. Now cut the spare RCAs about 6 inches long. Peel and separate about 1 inch of RCA wire to connect the MultiMeter. Positive to the colored and negative to the bare wire. Set MultiMeter to AC Volts and plug 1 RCA into the LC2i BASS output.
Turn on the radio and set Bass eq to maximium but turn off any Bass Boost. Turn up radio volume to ~75%. At the MultiMeter you will be looking for 6 Volts AC. For that you turn the Bass Output Level until you reach it. Once reached, turn off radio and unplug the test RCA.
Now plug RCAs from the amp into the LC2i and set the amp's gain to minimum. With the MultiMeter still in the AC Volts, connect it into the subwoofer output of the amp (sub disconnected). Now set the amp's x-over to ~80Hz. Turn on the radio to 75% volume with same settings as before. The amp's Bass knob should be at 75% volume. With everything on, turn the Bass Output Level on the LC2i counter-clockwise until you get 31.62 AC Volts in the MultiMeter. Once set, turn off radio and connect the subs. You now have 500 watts RMS into 2 Ohms @ 75% radio volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...