amp settings?>

THXdts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Maryland
What is up guys. I just installed my hifonics 2006d and btl. it is decenly loud, but when i mess with the settings, it gets louder. i set my gain at 44.7v, at volume 20, if i turn it up to like 30..its loud as ****. what do I want to set all my amp settings to? also everytime i turn on my car, my sub makes a pop sound.

*eyes the big sticky at the top of the amplifier sub-forum about setting gains... starts to say something... shakes head and backs out of the thread*//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Seriously though, go to the amp forum on here and read the sticky about setting your gains. Grab a multimeter, and a CD burned with a 1KHz 0db test tone (for mids/highs), 50Hz 0db test tone (subs) and go to work. You can get the tones from RealmOfExcursion.com

Everything except the gain.
be more specific.

*eyes the big sticky at the top of the amplifier sub-forum about setting gains... starts to say something... shakes head and backs out of the thread*//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Seriously though, go to the amp forum on here and read the sticky about setting your gains. Grab a multimeter, and a CD burned with a 1KHz 0db test tone (for mids/highs), 50Hz 0db test tone (subs) and go to work. You can get the tones from RealmOfExcursion.com
he already told us he knew how the gain works.

Yes, I know how to set the gain, I just don't know what the other settings mean or what to set them at. The sub is not getting very loud.

I figured out the problem, the gain was set way low. When I max my gain out, it only goes up to 22.xx volts. It needs to go to 44.7. How can I get it to go higher?

Kinda of a newb here, but how high is your volume at your HU? Your HU volume will also affect the output.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.