AMP rapidly going in and out of protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zackster

Alabama
Before there's even any music playing, the amp will go in and out of protect mode rapidly and randomly. Along with that the subs pop/pulsate every time the amp goes in/out of protect. What's the deal?

Full Setup:

subs: 2 12" pioneer TS-W303R @4ohm 250watt rms each 1200watt max in a sealed pickup truck box

amp: Crunch powerzone pzi 2250

2 x 150 @ 4ohms

2 x 225 @ 2ohms

1 x 450 @ 4ohms

Unhook your RCAs completely from the amplifier, then turn amp on and just let it sit there.

If it stops going in and out like you describe, either your rcas are grounding, have gone bad or the preout on the stereo is going very bad(rarely likely).

Rapid rhythmic in and out of protect is typical of signal malfunction.

You MUST figure this out soon though because an amplifier going in and out of protect many times will only last so long before it breaks it's threshold and fails.

Unhook your RCAs completely from the amplifier, then turn amp on and just let it sit there.
If it stops going in and out like you describe, either your rcas are grounding, have gone bad or the preout on the stereo is going very bad(rarely likely).

Rapid rhythmic in and out of protect is typical of signal malfunction.

You MUST figure this out soon though because an amplifier going in and out of protect many times will only last so long before it breaks it's threshold and fails.
Just unplugged RCA. It's still going in an out of protect. Thing is though... it's not rhythmic at all. It's actually quite random. Sometimes it won't even do it for like 20min or so and other times it just plain stops working all together. I guess I should also mention I'm using a Scosche Line‑Out Converter with Bass Control to get RCA from the rear speakers because my radio head doesn't have RCA and it does require hot/ground connections on the amp

Since it's not rhythmic, unhook your speaker wire and turn amp on and let sit. If it doesnt go into protect, either your speaker wire is shorting out somewhere on the speaker itself or at another point or the speaker(s) itself are bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.