Amp Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

RangerMan
Premium Member

Premium Member
NC
Okay, I'm just kinda playing around with stuff and I'm going to try to see how my Audiobahn alum10x sounds with my MTX 250x amp. I was just wondering if I could run the Audiobahn 10 (dual 6 ohm) at 3 ohms with my amp. I would have to bridge the amp but I don't know if it would overheat or what. The amp is like 100 x 1 bridged @ 4 ohms. Just wondering...

L8er

RM

It should be ok the impedance isn't too low I would worry if it was gonna be 2ohmd or less. The part I would be worried about is only getting 100 watts to the sub. If I remember correctly those need like 1000 watts.. I think you may wannaeither keep your gains very low so you don't cook your voice coil or look for a bigger amp all together..Digital would probably be your cheapest route.

Mike

Oh... I have a JBL 1200.1 but I'm just messing around w/ this amp... The sub's max power is 1000 watts, it only needs like 105 watts to work it is 800 rms. Thanks for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.