Amp protection mode

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jreine

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’ve just replaced my old amp which was 500w rms with a new one 1200rms I plugged in one of my speakers and when I turn the volume up past 28 it goes into protection mode the amp is still cold and the speaker that’s plugged in is only pulling 600rms I saw online it could be ground or other wires but I double checked and everything looks good all the the wire worked perfectly on my old amp so I don’t understand why the amp would be going into protection mode

Need more info. What is the brand and model number of both of the amplifiers and the speakers that you are using? How big is the power and ground wires going to the amplifier? Do you have a DMM? ( digital multi meter )

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Ok thank you, I'll check where the remote wire is connected and get back to you.
Ill try it when I get the amp back, especially if the forbidden protect light goes on. I don't think it's grounding out anywhere because I still...
Make it look nicer. Carpet it up with black. It will look like a speaker. The wood look is not good at all. Don't look too professional. What...
Not much user serviceable about an amp powering up into protect with nothing else connected. Send it back for repair/exchange or whatever they do...
Thank you for the info and advice. I really appreciate the help. I will double check my wiring tonight or tomorrow.

About this thread

Jreine

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jreine
Çaldwell ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from