Clipping problem...

Participant count
  • Participants list

george18

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, i will present you my setup and my proglem , maybe someone can help me with it.
source : Aura AMH77DSP
amp: Deaf bonce atom 1500d class D ( full range amp)
sub: edge edp122 spl e6 1500w rms
alt: 140A
battery: 74A
i also have big 4 installed with 50mm wire , and from batery to my amplifier 20mm ( 4AWG ) positive wire , also 4awg good grounded wire , i'm planing to upgrade it to 35'mm wire.The alternator was recone , it's charging normally , also the baterey is new.
Maximum volume to the source it's 40 so i had to go with 30 to send a clear signal to the amp and with my gain setting to the amp to match 600w rms measured with multimeter. At this point playing a sine wave at 30hz with the speaker connected my voltage to the batery is 14.1V and at the amplifier same, playing with this 600w rms setting rebased music 25,27,30,40 hz, i get voltage drops until 12.8V minimum
So the problem is the remote of my amp it's showing clipping even at playing the sine wave with 14.1V constant,it displays full clipping, The sub does not seems to clip. I also tried to ground the amp from the battery neggative terminal with 35mm wire and nothing changed.
Also even with a 23-25 volume on source i get my headlights,cluster lights, interior lights , all lights flickering...in the past i had a 601w rms subwoofer , same problem , i had a 300w rms subwoofer , same problem...lights flicker , at this point i don't even know what to do if someone can help me , i appreciate. Thank you.

Attachments

• 78ED8076-FAEB-4E13-BA25-755639E5A673.jpeg
    78ED8076-FAEB-4E13-BA25-755639E5A673.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 9
i also have big 4 installed with 50mm wire
Is this in a full chassis vehicle? If yes, is there a ground cable from engine block to chassis, engine block to battery, and battery to sheet metal panels? Most lights and instrument clusters are grounded to sheet metal. Grounding the sheet metal better than the factory sometimes fixes the dimming issue.

Is this in a full chassis vehicle? If yes, is there a ground cable from engine block to chassis, engine block to battery, and battery to sheet metal panels? Most lights and instrument clusters are grounded to sheet metal. Grounding the sheet metal better than the factory sometimes fixes the dimming issue.
That's what i said , big 4 upgrade got me all of this and still no changes after it ... thank you for reply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...