amp protect mode

mxryan534

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif I got 2 kicker 10s on a hifonics 1000 watt brutus amp. Can anyone tell me why my amp goes on protect mode when the volume is reached around 28 or more on my deck it ? The deck only reaches 33 max. once i turn off deck and turn back on it beats again but when reached high volume it goes out again. help anyone

Hifonics amps need a lot of power. If the ohms on the subs are too low it will require more power to push them and the amp will get the power from anywhere it can. if it cant get the power it needs, it will go into protection mode. best thing to do, is to

1. do a big 3 upgrade

2. get a better alt or battery

3. get a cap

do your lights dim or anything?

it's the knob in the back right corner, closest to the green led.

Are those 10's dual 4 ohm or 2 ohm? and how do you have them wired on to the amp?

no my lights dont dim. why would my voltage be droping though? How can i fix this problem. Would a power capacitor help? Also my amp dont have a gain knob on it.
Im guessing that when you hit those bass notes at a high volume it needs more power and your truck is not supplying enough. thats why it goes into protect. a capacitor would help out a little, but the big 3 might do you better.

If thats not the issue, you may wanna check your subs.. they both need to be set up @ 2 ohms to give you a total of 1 ohm. If they are lower than 1 ohm the amp would go into protect.

I am guessing since you have no idea what a gain is your gain is set too high, lower the gain, get a digital mulimeter and do a search on this site for a good tutorial on how to set your gains properly, I think it is stickied on the amplifier section. Anyway get your stuff set up right and you will have no problem. Also don't get a cap, if your headlights aren't dimming your charging system is fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.