AMP problem. Please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

riffyb
10+ year member

NY
The other night I was moving a few things and needed to take my sub out of the car. So I did and When I went to put it back in. I noticed the pos and neg wires had touched. It looked like they were melted together slightly. I called up a few places and they said the amp could be fried or the wire could be burnt thru. So I replaced the speaker wire from the amp to the speaker. No sound. The amp is a jl 500.1. Its not in any protective modes. Thermal, or low ohms. Its lit green. So I swapped the speaker wire. No luck. I swapped the amp for a MA audio one. To trouble shoot. Still no sound from the sub. I am thinking maybe something may have happened to the sub when moving it out of the car. I dont have an extra sub to test it with till tomorrow so I would have to wait. Anyone know what the problem may be? Im guessing it cant be the sub because It was fine when I took it out. After I put it back in thats when It stopped. Changed out 2 amps but still nothing. This ever happen to any one?

Also its a JL w7 sub.

Anyone know how to take it out of the JL HO box? I cant seem to find any of the screws.

thanks again for your help everyone.

Yeah, put a DMM to your amp, then to your speaker, then the wires. See which one of them isn't working. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My guess is the amp, but considering you tried swapping them idk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.