Amp problem: Alpine 5 channel MRV-F357 cutting out and fuzzy

Participant count
  • Participant list

Christo19
10+ year member

Rockfords are God.
I have this 5 channel amp doing some odd things. The battery is charged on the car and grounds are good, I have grounded the amp to the battery directly.

Problem is that when I hook up a speaker it will sound very fuzzy/distorted, also very quiet. Randomly it will sound a little better and kinda normal but then they will cut out and stop playing then continue randomly.

It feels like the amp is getting kinda hot too. I have a normal green power light, I have tired playing with the gains and all settings with no luck. I hooked up a different amp to the battery, rcas, remote and speaker and it worked. I tried different fuses also with no luck.

Any ideas on whats going on? I really want this amp to work and hope its not too messed up :/

thanks guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.