Amp Power Problem, Heellppp!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

gpark973

I have an older Memphis 16-st1000D amp pushing my 2 12" Type R's in a ported memphis box. System has run good for over a year now with no problems, the only major one being nice and loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Recently I have been having trouble with my amp staying powered. My 12v+to ground test produces the correct voltage so I know the power is there. The power light will also turn on and the system will run normally. If you bump or wiggle either the ground or the 12v power wires the light will turn off, and if you move them again it can come back on but in general, it likes to stay off.

Is this a problem with the connections inside the amp? could the power intake connections have come lose or become disconnected? This is the only thing I could think of, hence why I am here!

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and gives a guy some time for a little bit of help, I really appreciate it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.