Kenwood KAC-M3001

Participant count
  • Participant list

k5james
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yuma, AZ
I had my buddy try one of these for his budget system after reading glowing reviews on the 4 channel version. What a bummer. I don't think it's doing anywhere near the 300w it is rated at. It didn't even move the cone on the Tidal 12 I had it hooked up to. The 12 isn't a power hungry sub either as I used to run two on the bridged rear channels of a RF T600-4.

Back to Amazon it goes.

So that's it? Gave up that quick w/o troubleshooting/diagnosing the problem 1st?

Prob wired out of phase. Could be wrong. Why you running a sub on a 4 ch amp anyway?

So that's it? Gave up that quick w/o troubleshooting/diagnosing the problem 1st?
Prob wired out of phase. Could be wrong. Why you running a sub on a 4 ch amp anyway?
It's the mono version. It was working. Sound was coming out of it but not with much authority. I had to jack the gain up big time to get anything decent out of it.

I hooked up a DSC1500.1d to it and it started banging away...

I was really bummed because I love the footprint of the thing.

Yeah, I gambled on it being a budget superstar like the 4 channel and lost. Just trying to keep anyone else here from the same mistake.

I mean it's possible we just got a bad one but I wouldn't bet on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.