Amp power issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mrjayride

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
Hey all

My system shut off yesterday while driving. Amp won't power back on.

When I check voltage of power cable and ground, I'm getting 11.64, same with remote wire and ground. However when I plug those cables into amp, power cable and grond read 0.66. What would cause this? Fuses look good.
Thanks!

Hey all

My system shut off yesterday while driving. Amp won't power back on.

When I check voltage of power cable and ground, I'm getting 11.64, same with remote wire and ground. However when I plug those cables into amp, power cable and grond read 0.66. What would cause this? Fuses look good.
Thanks!
Those are signs of a bad amp. A good amp wpuld still read the car's voltage when it is on.

Just installed new amp, same problem.

Getting power all the way to amp, getting power from remote wire. Grounded to chassis.
Getting close to 12 volts at power wire but as soon as I hook it up to amp, volts drop to 1 or less.

Just installed new amp, same problem.

Getting power all the way to amp, getting power from remote wire. Grounded to chassis.
Getting close to 12 volts at power wire but as soon as I hook it up to amp, volts drop to 1 or less.
Then that tells you, you have a weak connection somewhere in the power or ground lines. Recheck connections at the battery, fuse holder, fuse clamps, and grounding point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...