Amp Poll

Which amp would you recommend (sub $150-ish)?

• Pioneer GM-D8604

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Infinity Reference 475a

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • PPI BK800.4

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Other (please list recommendation)

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
A lot of people on forums will thumb their nose at it because it's a Kenwood and they're used to the run-of-the-mill, entry-level gear from them. But the Excelon amps are very nice. Don't worry about the thd rating. It sounds as good or better than several a/b amps, with supposedly lower distortion, that I've been through.
Good to know. This is the amp I'm probably going to buy this week. Thanks

ok, first pioneer so downhill its crazy.... I'll only run headunits and comp sets that are premier or stage 4, kenwood yuck but their exceleon is the best of the yuck, ppi probably most power for your buck, still ain't what they once were, alot of the other ones named ct, e.a. , CT makes solid amps they are nice....

out of all these posts and stuff i've read i would... say PPI or other.... knowing myself I would get a older kicker zx, kx a 850x4 and i bet you my $100 kicker gets most of the above named amps.... there are some on here and a bunch on caco...

ok, first pioneer so downhill its crazy.... I'll only run headunits and comp sets that are premier or stage 4, kenwood yuck but their exceleon is the best of the yuck, ppi probably most power for your buck, still ain't what they once were, alot of the other ones named ct, e.a. , CT makes solid amps they are nice....
out of all these posts and stuff i've read i would... say PPI or other.... knowing myself I would get a older kicker zx, kx a 850x4 and i bet you my $100 kicker gets most of the above named amps.... there are some on here and a bunch on caco...
Read up about the amp first. I would have sold it and upgraded long ago if it there was anything "yuck" about it. They're efficient, tiny, clean sounding, have great crossovers, a power supply for each set of channels, and have a TON of power for an amp.as big as my spread out hand. I have a feeling the only reason they weren't more popular was because they were $400+ when they came out and said Kenwood on top lol.

I'm trying to stay out of the rest of this discussion.. I think the "majority" is go with PPI out of what you listed though. But,.. Personally I'm sold on the :

Kenwood - XR-4S

Which is a different amp than the Kenwood linked a few posts up.. (The XR-4S I linked has more power per channel.) Probably more expensive, and it might be discontinued, but still can be found.

Read up about the amp first. I would have sold it and upgraded long ago if it there was anything "yuck" about it. They're efficient, tiny, clean sounding, have great crossovers, a power supply for each set of channels, and have a TON of power for an amp.as big as my spread out hand. I have a feeling the only reason they weren't more popular was because they were $400+ when they came out and said Kenwood on top lol.
the yuck came from my personal opinion..... i've ran alotta kenwood, just don't care for 'em.....

the yuck came from my personal opinion..... i've ran alotta kenwood, just don't care for 'em.....
Been through and installed more Kenwood than I can count. Normally I only recommend the Excelon decks, but this particular amp is a cut above, even better their newest reference line. It really is one of the better things they've ever made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...