Amp picking help

Participant count
  • Participant list

EWoofer

Hello i need help with picking the wattage for a amp, the subwoofer is a sundown e10v3 500w rms. Im new to this please help me. I also don't know how many cubic feet the box should be and if i should get the 4 ohm woofer or the 2 ohm. Please help me pick the amp as i know very little about this stuff and also what box i should get. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME:naughty:

kmsl.. i dare you to find the formula i showed you. i'm about to go watch the best of MAD TV.

and los. ill be glad to test that 8 for you. typically i dont suggest large boxes for SQ purposes because of the phase shift and group delay. now its not impossible to design a driver that accounts for that specific alignment and sound good.

typically a SQ woofer is designed to use low group delay linear phasing and keep impedance as linear as possible. they also try to use several techniques to lower power compression and improve the inductive lag thats typical in inductive loads.

kmsl.. i dare you to find the formula i showed you. i'm about to go watch the best of MAD TV.and los. ill be glad to test that 8 for you. typically i dont suggest large boxes for SQ purposes because of the phase shift and group delay. now its not impossible to design a driver that accounts for that specific alignment and sound good.

typically a SQ woofer is designed to use low group delay linear phasing and keep impedance as linear as possible. they also try to use several techniques to lower power compression and improve the inductive lag thats typical in inductive loads.
Don't worry. I'll have a score sheet soon that will test it. I can't seem to find it on the Internet.

A SPL sub in a big box

Korean class D amps

Stock locations.

I bet I'm going to fail bad

that means **** to me. sq competitions are't an accurate indicator of real low distortion annalist. the only real way to do that is by comparing the output signal vs the input signal with signal analyzers.

ive seen excellent looking installs win out over no name brand basic installs(not fancy) when the ladder clearly sounded better

that means **** to me. sq competitions are't an accurate indicator of real low distortion annalist. the only real way to do that is by comparing the output signal vs the input signal with signal analyzers. ive seen excellent looking installs win out over no name brand basic installs(not fancy) when the ladder clearly sounded better
I'm only doing listening judging. And yes it is a indicator.

REAL WORLD RESULTS. That's what really matters.

btw id be glad to build you a small single ten inch box if you want something high quality. those heavy cheap poorly designed boxes rarely work great for all woofers. It would work great for something like a DD 3510 but for the SD 10. id probably do something a-little smaller. it will work but your going to get a pretty bottom heavy response and your going to miss that transition from subbass to midbass that when blended sounds much better. this is espically imprtant if you like to listen to alot of bass heavy rock tracks.

i almost always use phil collions-in the air tonight and pink Floyd's-welcome to the machine. two of my favorite songs. they exhibit alot of 1500-2500 range 50-200 range and some air around 16k. they can be very reveling tracks..

I'm only doing listening judging. And yes it is a indicator. REAL WORLD RESULTS. That's what really matters.
your ears cannot distinguish what a analyzer can. and a analyzer will offer better sound REPRODUCTION i know people that will swear a highend tube amp with quite a bit of 2 and 4th order hormonic distortion sounds better.

your ears cannot distinguish what a analyzer can. and a analyzer will offer better sound REPRODUCTION i know people that will swear a highend tube amp with quite a bit of 2 and 4th order hormonic distortion sounds better.
Are ears are not analyzers. So why should we care what it picks up? Once again. REAL WORLD.

if we did this when building sky scrapers air plane rocks or even cars alot of **** would go wrong. science and math are truly universal and fundamental..
This is not rocket science. You learn more from doing. All the fundamentals are thrown out of the window during a install.

This is not rocket science. You learn more from doing. All the fundamentals are thrown out of the window during a install.
nope. they are. the very definition of fundamentals are a basis on which you can build/advance.

honestly they have a few guys like dan wiggins and a few others that really have some of the best sounding drivers ever made yet you never hear about them.

they have extreme knowledge well beyond me in the field and they didn't just put some parts together to make it work. they found the problem created solutions expanded off the fundamentals and using real world tested found more variables and solved them and drivers got better and continue to get better.

and actually people always say its not rocket science. this is some very far reaching ****. we are just understanding partial physics and the way particles interact. the single greatest problem in a diaphragm driver driver is the non-linear particle spin that occurs from the coil moving in the gap.

bump for those who want to learn..

BTW OP the more expensive the amp the better.. generally speaking..

you want **** get something cheap. you wnat something good. do some reasearch.

i advise you go used with a 1200 or so that way you can add another woofer in the future.

if you want a budget amp look at the lanzar opti1400. ive tested these amps they od rater power and sound decent with decent efficency as well.. best budget amp ive used. they run around 225-250

Crescendo Audio Symphony S1500.1 - 1500 watts x 1 Mono Block - SSA STORE

Twisted Sounds TS1.3KW 1300w Monoblock Amplifier - SSA STORE

or something abit more highend

Z-1KD - Zapco Monoblock Class D Sound Q Bass Amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.