Amp needed for 12 inch sub specs listed below

I Didn't know box rise caused that much of a difference(I knew it caused a little but not that much), My sub has dual 2ohm coils, RE is 1.7 ohms as stated in the spec sheet I listed.
yeah we got a guy here with 3500rms to 2 8's.. i'm running 930 rms to 600rms $70 pioneer no problems, set gain low get clean power.. i read specs alot and saw that sundown mono amps list rated power after rise as like 2.3 ohm or something like that, so maybe some day other will do the same so u know what power subs actually see.

if you dont have the alts, you'll need battery reserve. One or the other is fine. I dont have any space for alts either so i have to do battery reserve route as well and i'm running quite a bit of power. You can do lithium ion batteries like limitless or jy power if you want to save some weight + space and get better performance if you have the money.
Thanks again for the info, Wranglers don't really have much room anywhere so its all about packing as much as you can into small spots so ill take a look at those batteries. That's why I can only fit 1 12 and it barely fits lol

yeah we got a guy here with 3500rms to 2 8's.. i'm running 930 rms to 600rms $70 pioneer no problems, set gain low get clean power.. i read specs alot and saw that sundown mono amps list rated power after rise as like 2.3 ohm or something like that, so maybe some day other will do the same so u know what power subs actually see.
Yea I like sundown. I have a sundown SA 10 in my small car and its handling over 1200 RMS, its only rated for 600 RMS and it looks like it could take more lol I have it hooked to a Cab 1600

Thanks again for the info, Wranglers don't really have much room anywhere so its all about packing as much as you can into small spots so ill take a look at those batteries. That's why I can only fit 1 12 and it barely fits lol
basically you can just replace the front battery with a 60 ah lithium and you should easily be able to handle an 8k amp at half ohm. Thats literally how powerful lithium batts are a 60 ah batt is equal to 4-5 group 31 agm batts.

The limitless lithium 22ah is tiny and similar to 2 100AH AGM batteries.

Its 7"x7"x8" and weighs 13 pounds.

Brutal sounds 5k $899Vp 700.1 $1200

Mhmmm clean power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
LOL i just recd the brutal to u on other thread few mins ago ..

They're pretty spendy right now too...
Op, you gotta budget in mind for an amp? NS1 maybe...
At this point I havent set a budget, I figure id get opinions , weigh my options and if i need to id wait till i had the money to get the one i want if its really pricy. That being said i dont want to get too out of hand , it is going in a wrangler that ocassionally has no doors and top.I'll prob try and weld it to the inside so it dont grow legs and walk away.

The limitless lithium 22ah is tiny and similar to 2 100AH AGM batteries.

Its 7"x7"x8" and weighs 13 pounds.
Thanks, i was looking at them , i might go with the 40AH one. I was kinda confused because my car battery is 800 cca and 50 ah right now

Brutal sounds 5k $899Vp 700.1 $1200

Mhmmm clean power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
Thanks ill check both of those out, the prices seem about the same as all the others listed

basically you can just replace the front battery with a 60 ah lithium and you should easily be able to handle an 8k amp at half ohm. Thats literally how powerful lithium batts are a 60 ah batt is equal to 4-5 group 31 agm batts.
Do you know if those lithiums can handle the High heat from the enginebay? Jeep engines tend to run hot (I6's)

Do you know if those lithiums can handle the High heat from the enginebay? Jeep engines tend to run hot (I6's)
plenty of people run it as a starter in the hot south in summers so you should be fine.

Lithiums are more powerful with less AH? Is it they are faster with lower esr?
both and higher power capcity in total. Its the same reason why neos are stronger than ferrite its just the material is flat out superior in every way possible, completely outclassed. Just the cost is high.

plenty of people run it as a starter in the hot south in summers so you should be fine.

both and higher power capcity in total. Its the same reason why neos are stronger than ferrite its just the material is flat out superior in every way possible, completely outclassed. Just the cost is high.
Is there a direct AH ratio for comparison? Like 100AH AGM is equivalent to 25 AH L-Ion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.