Amp needed for 12 inch sub specs listed below

Hockeyfan

New york
Hello, I'm looking for a amp to power a 12 inch prototype subwoofer I have. Here are the specs for the sub

pole plate thickness: 30mm, chromed

t-york:270×30×98×115, chromed

magnet:Y35-280×140×25 , 3 pcs, 621 Oz

Total sub weight 80 pounds

Voice coil: 4"- 8 layers CCA flat wire VC, WH:80mm

Impedence: Dual 2 Ohm

Spider: 6 layer Nomex spiders

RMS:4500W

Max:9000W

Heres a few photos including a spec sheet

View attachment 26556480

View attachment 26556481

View attachment 26556482

****, nasty sub indeed! i hope you have a hefty electrical for that beast! Check out Lanzar Optidrive for very affordable solid power (opti4000, 6000 or 7000)

****, nasty sub indeed! i hope you have a hefty electrical for that beast! Check out Lanzar Optidrive for very affordable solid power (opti4000, 6000 or 7000)
Im in the process of upgrading it now to 2 250amp alts ( should be enough we will see) and dual batteries, and ill take a look at those amps thank you, Ive never dealt with this wattage before so i personally dont know what amps are good or not. I had a manufacturer build this sub but if i want another one ill have to buy 50 of them as thats the smallest order they take so i have to be careful with this one for now lol

nice! goin all out! hehe
check out this too just to give you ideas, more expensive solution but if you have the money, why not

Amps - WATTAGE & CH's - 4501w + Mono - Page 1 - SSA STORE

personally love the Incriminator Audio 40.1 how it take a small footprint compared to others, cool stuff!

good luck on the build
Thank you for the link, They have some nice amps on there. I actually think I might of talked to the main manufacture of the Audio Legion AL5000.1D 5000W Mono Block Amplifier, their product had the same exact board on the inside(at least it looks the same in the pics the rep sent me). It was a south Korean manufacturer. Now I have to figure out how to install a 2nd alt into a Jeep Wrangler lol. By any chance if I cant get a 2nd alt installed do you think a 250 amp alt with 2-3 batteries would do?

[quote name='Hockeyfan']Thank you for the link, They have some nice amps on there. I actually think I might of talked to the main manufacture of the Audio Legion AL5000.1D 5000W Mono Block Amplifier, their product had the same exact board on the inside(at least it looks the same in the pics the rep sent me). It was a south Korean manufacturer. Now I have to figure out how to install a 2nd alt into a Jeep Wrangler lol. By any chance if I cant get a 2nd alt installed do you think a 250 amp alt with 2-3 batteries would do?[/QUOTE]
idk about the al amps man u should talk to @Popwarhomie about that 1st, i thought they were awesome but ask him.. those cresendos look good, guy in town just got a 12k doing 4 12's on a wall..

[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']idk about the al amps man u should talk to @Popwarhomie about that 1st, i thought they were awesome but ask him.. those cresendos look good, guy in town just got a 12k doing 4 12's on a wall..[/QUOTE]

That Crescendo Audio ENCORE 4.5K might work for me and the price isn't too bad. I think the other Crescendo amps might be too powerful for my sub. I'm defiantly going to do some more research before I spend 650-1500 on an amp.

That Crescendo Audio ENCORE 4.5K might work for me and the price isn't too bad. I think the other Crescendo amps might be too powerful for my sub. I'm defiantly going to do some more research before I spend 650-1500 on an amp.
Unless you wire to half ohm or lower, you wont get rated power out of any amp due to box rise so you want to go a lot more with the power. Just look at 2 ohm power numbers and thats what you are going to get actual power output wise.

Unless you wire to half ohm or lower, you wont get rated power out of any amp due to box rise so you want to go a lot more with the power. Just look at 2 ohm power numbers and thats what you are going to get actual power output wise.
I Didn't know box rise caused that much of a difference(I knew it caused a little but not that much), My sub has dual 2ohm coils, RE is 1.7 ohms as stated in the spec sheet I listed.

I Didn't know box rise caused that much of a difference(I knew it caused a little but not that much), My sub has dual 2ohm coils, RE is 1.7 ohms as stated in the spec sheet I listed.
yeah its that big of a difference rise is usually 2-3 x your wired impedance so 2-3 ohm power is what you would expect out of amps. Hence this is why people run an 8k per DC level 6 woofers at 1 ohm each which are also 4.5k rms woofers. You wont be tickling that sub much at 1 ohm at 4.5k which is actually more close to 2k clamped power.

yeah its that big of a difference rise is usually 2-3 x your wired impedance so 2-3 ohm power is what you would expect out of amps. Hence this is why people run an 8k per DC level 6 woofers at 1 ohm each which are also 4.5k rms woofers. You wont be tickling that sub much at 1 ohm at 4.5k which is actually more close to 2k clamped power.
Thanks ill have to keep that in mind, so I should be good running up to 8k on that sub. By any chance would you know if I would need 2 250 amp alts, or would 1 with a few batteries be good? Im having a hard time finding somewhere on my jeep to place a 2nd. I know watts = amps x volts but not sure if that would be the min size alt id need.

Thanks ill have to keep that in mind, so I should be good running up to 8k on that sub. By any chance would you know if I would need 2 250 amp alts, or would 1 with a few batteries be good? Im having a hard time finding somewhere on my jeep to place a 2nd. I know watts = amps x volts but not sure if that would be the min size alt id need.
if you dont have the alts, you'll need battery reserve. One or the other is fine. I dont have any space for alts either so i have to do battery reserve route as well and i'm running quite a bit of power. You can do lithium ion batteries like limitless or jy power if you want to save some weight + space and get better performance if you have the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.