Amp,LOC and sub Causing factory alarm issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mrlopez512

CarAudio.com Newbie
Austin
I have a 2007 chevy suburban with bose system. I ran 4 gauge amp wire kit and installed LC2i. I tapped into the bose sub wires to get the signal to the LOC. the amp powers 2 entry level 10's... nothing major at all. During installation I did remove positive battery terminal. About 15 minutes after installation and testing the factory alarm goes off. Then 20 minutes later the same. Over the next 2 weeks this factory alarm is going nuts at least twice a day. Then I notice after I close my door the radio will turn back on and the whole dash will be flickering like crazy... then the factory alarm again. I started sleeping with my keys in my hand to kill the alarm because I knew it was gonna go off. After a couple of nights of terrible sleep I started disconnecting the battery at night.
I finally gave up and decided to remove the power wire and disconnect the signal to the LOC. It's been 2 weeks and the alarm hasnt gone off since.
I would like to have my subs back. The only 2 point of the electrical system I touched were the battery and signal wires to the sub. Help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.