Amp keeps switching between protect and on wont play!

kalkx
10+ year member

florida
Recently I was just driving along and my subs stopped playing i went back checked them they are fine and not blown so I checked the amp re wired it checked ground etc....and whenever i start my truck the amp turns on into protect then slowly dims out and the blue on light slowly comes on and it keeps doing this the whole time switching between modes slowly not playing anything to the subs what could be my problem?

In situations like these I find it most helpful to remove the amp from the power system it is currently on and bench test it...since you have disconnected everything else. If it works on a bench, you have a problem with the power if it doesn't the amp is having issues

One thing that bothers me about what you said is that everytime you start your truck the amp turns on in protect ? First of all your amp shouldn't even be coming on until youturn on your head unit or source unit, it shouldn't be turning on off the ignition. If the amplifier turn on (remote on ) is on the ignition you may have damaged the amp over time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.