Amp is popping fuses... Tf.

autozone and advanceauto will do it but i dont trust their equipment. its tested my batteries bad and i know they werent. no idea why, just cheap equipment im sure.
dont let it get that hot, it may have been a really hot day when it popped the fuses. heat is the enemy of electrical components, theyre designed to handle it within certain limits, without going into the technical details just understand they have a lifetime rating at certain temperatures and it goes down with higher temps
You're full of good news!.. I own cheap amps + I live in Phoenix... LOL!...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

autozone and advanceauto will do it but i dont trust their equipment. its tested my batteries bad and i know they werent. no idea why, just cheap equipment im sure.
dont let it get that hot, it may have been a really hot day when it popped the fuses. heat is the enemy of electrical components, theyre designed to handle it within certain limits, without going into the technical details just understand they have a lifetime rating at certain temperatures and it goes down with higher temps
I worked at AutoZone in college and shortly thereafter. The equipment is fine. It will test alternator and battery as bad if they're bad or borderline.

It's a software problem. The people who work at those places are not typically the best and brightest in the industry. The local guys are good, but I've met some when traveling that simply didn't understand the math.

Throwing a 1000 amp load on a 500 amp battery will not yield good results.

Regards,

Josh

optima redtops are not what they used to be, for the last 5+ years anyway
look up your group size and see if you can get an east penn type AGM battery. duracell makes them and theyre available at sams club, even if a friend has a membership itll save some money. i know theres a few other brands sold at autozone and advanceauto that are the same

i really dont understand why you're blowing fuses but i can tell you at those resting voltages your battery is bad and it MAY be contributing but in theory and logically it shouldnt be the reason you blow fuses. how hot does the amp get when the fuses blow? this may have been discussed but are you sure you're not overdriving the amp? be honest, everyone has done it and a little bit is okay but pushing it too hard and too hot can be a problem
Try this: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/current-draw-of-a-motor-under-different-situations.585336/

It's a bit beyond the simple E=IR, but still pretty easy to understand.

Edit: This is more directly comparable https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/26188/what-happens-when-a-device-draws-more-current-than-the-power-supply-can-provide

Regards,

Josh

Got my stuff load tested. Said alt is good, but they can't test the batt, something along the line of it needs to be charged before they can load test it. They said the low voltages of the batt indicates that the batt is the source or atleast not helping my electrical issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.