amp install help

The speaker wires are shorted together, a speaker wire is shorted to ground, the power/ground are hooked up backwards, a speaker is blown, or the amp is in need of repair.

Hifonix BX1000d, the speaker as been sitting for 2 months, worked perfectly before this install, what do u mean by speaker wires are shorted together kross? speakers work also, i checked the ground, hooked to the body of the car by the driver's side foot panel by the door

Forgot to mention, another possible cause could be low voltage to the amp, which could be caused by either a bad power connection, or bad ground connection.

Anyway, try turning on the amp with everything else disconnected from it. Remove the input RCA's (make sure they don't accidently touch the power lines!), and unhook the speaker wires from the amp. Make sure you remove the speaker wires from the amp, as opposed to from the sub. Does it still go into protect and shut off? If so, it's either bad power, or a busted amp.

i had a 100amp fuse in before, now i have a 80amp fuse, could this be the problem? please dont flame
highly doubt it...

do what kross said

"Anyway, try turning on the amp with everything else disconnected from it. Remove the input RCA's (make sure they don't accidently touch the power lines!), and unhook the speaker wires from the amp. Make sure you remove the speaker wires from the amp, as opposed to from the sub. Does it still go into protect and shut off? If so, it's either bad power, or a busted amp. "

this way u can find it out its ur power or ur amp...

i unpluged the rcas and speaker wire, and still the same thing happens, maybe i will try switching out the fuse to 100amp

looks like your amp is defected/or you damaged it hooking it up. same thing happen to me. idk if you disconnected batter or not and power wire sparked your power inpute can do something...hook up another amp and see if its the same problem occurs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.