10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nyc
my set up is rockford p400.4 100wx4

pioneer p1400 dvd radio

fronts are 61/2 component infinity perfects

rears are alpine

all 100 w rms

when my highs are up on my eq,,,, the last 2 on the right ...whatever hrz they are the amp goes in pertection mode when the volume is over 25 cross overs for the fronts are set on the middle.... amp is set up 4 channel , half gain on both, h/p for fronts a/p for rears....no sub.....but amp for sub hooked up and off on radio....... radio is set on 80 i think .....

when i put the last 2 eq settings under half i can blast it volume 40 and it wont go in pertection mode?

how do i fix this? it sounds better with the highs up? can some one please guide me to step by step diagnosong

Last edited by a moderator:
You most likely need to set your gains properly with a multimeter or a oscilloscope.
I'm gonna do that, whatever it is im gonna figure it out starting there.

I have a fluke multi meter , how do I set the gain that way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.