Amp help

TruLegend

US
I just bought 2 15 inch mofos with 2 ohm VC. I want to run them at a half ohm but I don't know what amp to buy. I was thinking a soundstream T1.6000DL but I don't really know any other half ohm stable amps. Suggestions?

Just get a 2 ohm class D amp. It's pointless to run @ .5 ohm especially considering how much more an amp will cost that will function properly at that low of a resistance. Way more options at 2 ohm.

Just get a 2 ohm class D amp. It's pointless to run @ .5 ohm especially considering how much more an amp will cost that will function properly at that low of a resistance. Way more options at 2 ohm.
Do you have any suggestions for an amp to run at 2 ohms then? I still want a lot of power to it.

.5 ohm stable amps off the top of my head are the soundstream amps you mentioned, lanzar optidrive series , and some mmats amps I believe. I know there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

.5 ohm stable amps off the top of my head are the soundstream amps you mentioned, lanzar optidrive series , and some mmats amps I believe. I know there are more but can't think of them at the moment.

Sundown

Ampere

D.C. Audio

Twisted sounds

Crossfire

American bass

The list goes on and on for amps that will run .5ohm

I run my ampere audio at .33ohm daily

I have been awake too long.....I am drawing a blank on good 2 ohm amps too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

The only thing coming to mind atm is the audiopipe apcl 3000.1d

Yea I know most decent 1 ohm amps will run .5 without a problem I was just trying to list the rated .5 ohm stable amps. I have ran the last 2 amps I have had at less than 1 ohm and they were cheap budget amps. Either way you have lots of options. I would just look around. You could grab a decent 1ohm stable amp and that would prolly work just fine running either .5 or 2 ohm depending on how much power you need and what the output of the amp is, or run 2 1ohm stable amps strapped at 2 ohms.

I appreciate the suggestions, but these are extremely expensive. I want to spend money and sound good, but I can't afford $500 my limit is probably around $300. Slightly flexible. Sorry should have stated earlier. Looking for best balance of quality and price

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Yea I know most decent 1 ohm amps will run .5 without a problem I was just trying to list the rated .5 ohm stable amps. I have ran the last 2 amps I have had at less than 1 ohm and they were cheap budget amps. Either way you have lots of options. I would just look around. You could grab a decent 1ohm stable amp and that would prolly work just fine running either .5 or 2 ohm depending on how much power you need and what the output of the amp is, or run 2 1ohm stable amps strapped at 2 ohms.
I like the idea of 1 ohm stable amp, it's less expensive but I am super paranoid about blowing it too. Or if I ran 2 ohms with a 1 ohm stable amp my only issue is I know im not getting full potential

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

You gotta budget OP?

If your worried about blowing anything, get the amp you want and set the gain properly to match HU voltage. Should be able to ride all day w/o any problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.