Amp Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raymond

Is there anything that i could do to prevent my amp from overheating. I have 4 gauge power and ground supplies, so it couldn't be underpowered. The amp is an MTX 4250D 350 watts. It powers two 12", 1220W Infinity subs. It sounds great but after about an hour (long road trips) it shuts off for about 3 minutes then comes back on. Please help if you can. I have been told to raise the amp off the box to allow air flow. I could use some more hints or solutions. Thanks

In my car i've got a couple of fans setup around my amps to keep the air moving. I have found that my amps don't over heat as much. You could also design a liquid cooled system but that would take alot of time, planning and money.

Originally posted by Raymond How would i go about designing a liquid cooled system
I would HIGHLY suggest you go with a fan or maybe two, but you do NOT need a liquid cooled system. The amp that you have is not even large enough to need such an extravagant and expensive cooling set up.

Originally posted by Raymond Would I find a fan at a Stereo store. And what is the best kind to get.
Some or even most car audio shops will have fans for sale and they are a relatively easy install. Also can check out your local Radio Shack for a 12 or 14volt fan. Preferably one with a turn on lead wire so you can connect it to the Amps remote wire and it will then only operate when the amp is turned on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.