Amp going into protection mode only when bridged

It says 8 gauge or lower, but your right, better safe then sorry. Whats your opinion on this 1500w? 1125w RMS @2-ohms compared to the 1000w RMS @2-ohms from the 3000w. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S55ES6/?tag=caraudiocom-20
It's very hard for us to recommend a Boss product. They're just not reliable and the specs are probably bs.

If you really have to.. at least buy the 2000w version for $15 more.

Edit: Those are A/B amps by the way. Really not as efficient as a class D.

Last edited:
It's very hard for us to recommend a Boss product. They're just not reliable and the specs are probably bs.

If you really have to.. at least buy the 2000w version for $15 more.

Edit: Those a A/B amps by the way. Really not as efficient as a class D.
Is Boss really that bad? they seem to have decent reviews, and I havent had any issues with mine, besides user error (granted I havent had it long). I mean, I dont HAVE to go for boss, its just the cheaper route. Any brands to recommend that arent too expensive? another cheapout, but Class D https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6F8BG4/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Is Boss really that bad? they seem to have decent reviews, and I havent had any issues with mine, besides user error (granted I havent had it long). I mean, I dont HAVE to go for boss, its just the cheaper route. Any brands to recommend that arent too expensive? another cheapout, but Class D https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6F8BG4/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Probably not that bad for the price. It maybe perfect for your needs who knows.. but you won't see anyone on this forum saying they swear by them.

Is Boss really that bad?
Probably even worse. Even back when they were made in USA they were famous for rating stuff at about 5X what it would actually do. These flea market brands use the absolute cheapest stuff they can get from the cheapest factories, corners are cut wherever possible and the technology will be extremely outdated. Good reviews are either bots or just people who don't know better.

There's a couple youtube channels that review inexpensive amps and will give honest real world performance data, and generally people around here are savvy as to what brands can be trusted to perform as advertised and not fail prematurely.

Stay away from PPI now as well. They are in the same class as Boss since they got bought out. You can buy a Sundown SFB 1000 for 169.99 plus shipping from apex and it does more then the 1000 watts rms it is rated for and it is quality unlike Boss and PPI these days. And those reviews are junk most of the reviews from Amazon on car audio are bogus

Stay away from PPI now as well. They are in the same class as Boss since they got bought out. You can buy a Sundown SFB 1000 for 169.99 plus shipping from apex and it does more then the 1000 watts rms it is rated for and it is quality unlike Boss and PPI these days. And those reviews are junk most of the reviews from Amazon on car audio are bogus

The original black ice series was made post-buy out and they were awesome budget amps.

I would still take the Sundown over that any day of the week. I have a PPI Phantom amp that was done before the buy out and it makes rated power and then some. Along with a PPI i520.4 before the buyout. After the buyout I wouldn't near one of those or Soundstream anymore.

I would still take the Sundown over that any day of the week. I have a PPI Phantom amp that was done before the buy out and it makes rated power and then some. Along with a PPI i520.4 before the buyout. After the buyout I wouldn't near one of those or Soundstream anymore.
I've bought a Hertz SPL Monster 15k a few years ago and sold it almost immediately when I learned it was a Soundstream design.

Was like... NOPE!!

Would rather go new. No clue what someones done to a used. About that amp you suggested, not sure if I need one that large, would I? I dont do comps and I only have a ext cab truck, so it doesnt travel far. What about this? 1100 at 2 ohms, and i dont need to change gauge of wiring (yes yes, cheap boss, tryna save as much as possible) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S4XNEO/?tag=caraudiocom-20
I got a question do u need to do the big three to add second battery?

Probably even worse. Even back when they were made in USA they were famous for rating stuff at about 5X what it would actually do. These flea market brands use the absolute cheapest stuff they can get from the cheapest factories, corners are cut wherever possible and the technology will be extremely outdated. Good reviews are either bots or just people who don't know better.

There's a couple youtube channels that review inexpensive amps and will give honest real world performance data, and generally people around here are savvy as to what brands can be trusted to perform as advertised and not fail prematurely.
Oh wow, appreciate the warning. My 600w seems to push enough to rattle my mirrors so I didnt think they were that bad. Anything you'd recommend?

Oh wow, appreciate the warning. My 600w seems to push enough to rattle my mirrors so I didnt think they were that bad. Anything you'd recommend?
Maybe this.. I have no experience with American Bass amps but if you do business on SSA; Aaron will take care of you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.