Amp fried?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rowan44

Hi guys. I have a kicker L7 powered by a kicker lx 600.1. Although the amp still runs, the protection light stays on and the amp sometimes starts smoking. I unplugged everything and tried it in another car with professional wiring etc and it happened again. I have opened up the amp and can see that the black coil looking thing has glue type stuff on the bottom on only one side (two circular donut like things on board, one has gold coiling one has thicker coiling which looks to be covered in a black sort of shrink wrap). On the other side it has gone all black and I can see it has been burnt (looks like from the underneath). Also marks on case which indicates smoke or something.

Any info on what this problem is and if it is fixable would be great. Thanks

Unless you know how to properly test the amp and repair what needs to be done yourself, itll probably be cheaper to buy a newer better amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.