AMP FOR SUBWOOFER AND SPEAKERS

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbtn94

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mexico
Good day,

I have a question know what amp will fit best for my build. it's for a single-cab GMC Sierra 1500 2021.

The subwoofer is a JL Audio 12TW3-D4 and the door speakers with tweeters are JL Audio C1-690.

So what amplifier will work best for this build?

Will JL Audio VX1000/5i will do and run the speakers and subwoofer really nicely without any problems or do I need to get the JL Audio VX1000/1i and JL Audio VX400/4i to be able to run the subwoofer and speakers in each amp separately?

Let me know what are your opinions, cheers.

It is preference. If you look at the wattage of that single sub and compare it to the fifth channel on the amp and choose either 1 or 4 ohm based on that fifth channel’s output at your chosen ohm for the sub. Some amps are stable or capable of playing at 1 ohm and others are not.
I chose to have separate amps. One 4ch for the cabin speakers and one for the subs.
If you haven’t checked out Crutchfields articles on almost anything relating to audio components, there’s a lot there. For instance the matching of your sub and an amp and at what ohm works for both or all pieces. Very few full range speakers come in anything but 4 ohm. True some do but those 690s are 4ohm. A nice 4 channel will power those and another set including tweeters. Use the provided crossovers to ensure you don’t blow the tweeters. Some choose not to cross over the other 1/2 of a component set but imho the amp is fully capable of delivering the power to them even w cross overs.

Use the Crutchfield site to learn about your stuff maybe that jl amp will be perfect.

It is preference. If you look at the wattage of that single sub and compare it to the fifth channel on the amp and choose either 1 or 4 ohm based on that fifth channel’s output at your chosen ohm for the sub. Some amps are stable or capable of playing at 1 ohm and others are not.
I chose to have separate amps. One 4ch for the cabin speakers and one for the subs.
If you haven’t checked out Crutchfields articles on almost anything relating to audio components, there’s a lot there. For instance the matching of your sub and an amp and at what ohm works for both or all pieces. Very few full range speakers come in anything but 4 ohm. True some do but those 690s are 4ohm. A nice 4 channel will power those and another set including tweeters. Use the provided crossovers to ensure you don’t blow the tweeters. Some choose not to cross over the other 1/2 of a component set but imho the amp is fully capable of delivering the power to them even w cross overs.

Use the Crutchfield site to learn about your stuff maybe that jl amp will be perfect.

I think I will go for both amps 1i and 4i. I was planning for the 5i but since where I live is desert and temperatures temp to get really high and the space is small in the car I don't want to risk getting the single amp overheating.

Cheers!!!

This is my build BTW.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13-53-48 Creative Audio - Shopping Cart.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 13-53-48 Creative Audio - Shopping Cart.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...