Amp for MS-62c and SA-8 v2

Hunter88

Indiana
Ordering the JBL MS-62c components today. I have an old two ch alpine amp I will be running them off till I get a new amp. I will be getting a single SA-8 in a few weeks. I plan to get the new amp with the sub. I want to put around 100w to each side of the components and 500-600 to the sa-8. Due to space limits, I need one amp. Any suggestions? Budget would be under 200. Thanks all.

Doubt you will find an amp to do that under that price. One that would be close would be the PPI 900.4. It does nearly 500 on the rears when bridged and does 145x4 on all channels. They are 185 new

The P900.4 is virtually the only amp in that price range that will do anywhere close to what you want for power output. You have to get a 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm sub as the P900.4 must run at 4 ohms bridged. I'm clearing out my PPI amps now with the P900.4 at $174.99 with shipping. I don't have MS-62C as they went on backorder again from my supplier.

You should keep the amp you have now for the comps and get a new amp just for the sub, a 4 channel will not push enough watts from the 3rd and 4th channel to push that sub to its full potential.

The current amp I have is an Alpine mrp 302. 30x2 rms at 4ohms. It is driving some old alpine srp 17s components. They sound okay. But the left channel is quieter than the right. 30 watts is no where near what I want/need for the MS components.

JBL makes a new line of amplifiers GTO-EZ, they have 3-channel and 5-channel versions. Both claim to be capable of 500watt RMS output on the subwoofer channel with 2ohm sub.

JBL makes a new line of amplifiers GTO-EZ, they have 3-channel and 5-channel versions. Both claim to be capable of 500watt RMS output on the subwoofer channel with 2ohm sub.
I was looking at those amps recently. The 3 channel is rated for 50W x 2 on the speaker channels. That would be adequate for the MS-62C speakers with mainly pop music and other music mixed to sound loud. It would be lacking on high crest factor music.

I was looking at those amps recently. The 3 channel is rated for 50W x 2 on the speaker channels. That would be adequate for the MS-62C speakers with mainly pop music and other music mixed to sound loud. It would be lacking on high crest factor music.

I listen to rock/metal, classic rock and old rap. Sometimes reggae. I think 75-100 watts is what Im wanting.
You can either get more power for the speakers than 75-100W per channel and have a good amount for 1 sub, or you can get less than that much power for speakers and have a little more power for the sub. Either way, we're not talking about an audible difference on the subwoofer. You are much more likely to hear a difference from 145W per channel than going from 50W to 75W.

Makes more sense lol. So a 5 ch amp would be best? Bridge the four channels? But the jbls are 4ohm what amp would would at 4ohm bridged?
Looking over the GTO-5EZ manual, you would have more power for the speakers and more power for the sub if you bridged the full range channels compared to the P900.4. It's a much better quality amp and you can set the gains accurately with nothing more than what's included in the box. No half-assed volt meter method, no need for an oscilloscope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.