amp cuts out

Participant count
  • Participant list

nchris11

hey everyone. im having a problem with my amp and would really like some help. a couple days ago i was listening to music in my car and as i turned the volume up my speakers started to cut off. my sub was still hitting without a problem but my speakers were cutting off at moderate volume. No problem with low volume. i checked my amp which is a polk audio pa660 and all the connections are good. One thing that i noticed was that when i have my car on ACC the amp powers up but i get no sound but when i turn my car on i get sound again. this only happens with the amp powering my speakers my sub amp and sub still function on ACC. also if i press my window switches to lower my windows the sound fades. could this be my battery? im sorry if this is a something simple but i dont know a whole lot about this stuff. thanks

Sounds like a poor ground. Move the ground from the amp to chassis of the car to a new location. You may have grounded it in an area with a poor spot weld or you could have left too much paint/primer between the ring and sheet metal. Hell, I've seen people ground amps to seatbelt buckles and the amp was pulling a ground thru the RCAs.

i found the problem. i opened up the amp and looked around inside and i saw these two little things circled in red that were broken. can anyone tell me what they are? how this happened and if its easy to fix... thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.