Amp for a HDS215???

Participant count
  • Participant list

bassinmytruck

I am looking to purchase a Soundqubed HDS215 rated at 600w Rms. Any one know of a cheap monoblock amp that would do good with this sub?? Any other box tips would also be appreciated. soundqubed recommends 3.50^ft (4) 8" or (2) 12" or (1) 15" 56.0 sq" vent x 20" long. Does this sound good?

I am looking to purchase a Soundqubed HDS215 rated at 600w Rms. Any one know of a cheap monoblock amp that would do good with this sub?? Any other box tips would also be appreciated. soundqubed recommends 3.50^ft (4) 8" or (2) 12" or (1) 15" 56.0 sq" vent x 20" long. Does this sound good?
do you have a budget?

Thanks allot man.. Is this good quality? I am really a noob when it comes to amps but this one looks pretty good!Also do you know of a site where I could get the amp with the bass knob? Or know of a place where I can get the knob for cheap?

Thanks again for all your help!
honestly it is a cheap amp, but will give you more power then your needing. Just watch your gains

Well if I set it to 4 ohms I wont get more power than needed and it will be safer for my sub, right? My sub is 600w RMS so 500 would be fine?
you could run the amp at a lower ohm load and be ok, just dont get gain happy and set the amp with a dmm. The only thing that will hurt you sub is clipping the signal which happens when the gain is over set. buy a dual 4 ohm sub and run the amp at 2 ohms, its more efficient there and will pull less current from your electrical system.

you could run the amp at a lower ohm load and be ok, just dont get gain happy and set the amp with a dmm. The only thing that will hurt you sub is clipping the signal which happens when the gain is over set. buy a dual 4 ohm sub and run the amp at 2 ohms, its more efficient there and will pull less current from your electrical system.
Ok.. I will look for a tutorial on how to set it with a dmm. So I shold run it at 2 ohms with 1000w or 4 ohms at 500w?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.