Amp cutting out during braking

safe d
10+ year member

UK
Hi Chaps. I am a noob to this forum from UK and I have just installed an old school Caliber CA460.

I have 4awg from batt to 85amp circuit breaker (around 6 inches away) 4awg from breaker to 4 fuse dizzy box and 8awg from dizzy to amp (all in fact within 6 inches of each other).

This is running Directed Audio 6s (roughly 75wrms) and some cheapo Mutant 12s in a box. Sounds alright when stationery and rolling, but as soon as I hit the brakes, all amped sound cuts out.

I had an Earthquake Sound Power 2400 on the subs before and an RTO 2 x 75wrms on the tops before and never had this problem. Would this point to the amp?

I did notice something from another post that I might need to check (earthing), but earthing point is exactly the same (but in truth, may not have tightened it).

In case it isn't the cause, any other ideas? The amp has a 15amp fuse.

BTW Car is 99 BMW E46 3 series coupe (non H/K)

Last edited by a moderator:
your remote wire is probably ran though where you break pedal is. check it. your break pedal is probably hitting wire, got through the jacket, and is grounding out the wire when braking.

your remote wire is probably ran though where you break pedal is. check it. your break pedal is probably hitting wire, got through the jacket, and is grounding out the wire when braking.
Thanks but not confident that this is the case. All previous wiring is the same and is run off the OE head unit with a powered line out controller. So RCAs have a thin cable to carry rem out. It sounds more like a current issues to be fair. But will check and report. Although I have not fixed down the crossover yet. Good point.

Sussed it. Bloody crossover gain too high. Da amp is heavy. (that means wicked) ((that means really good for u yanks)). Thanks tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.